Brothers & Sisters, Allies & Friends:
As you might know, our fight against SB 61 is headed to the New Hampshire House of Representatives. The bill is scheduled to be heard in the House Labor Committee next week on THURSDAY, MARCH 25th at 10:00AM. It is crucial that we take this opportunity to make sure that our voices are heard and that the members of the House Labor Committee hear LOUD AND CLEAR that the citizens of New Hampshire oppose so-called “right-to-work!”
You can express your opposition to SB 61 easily from your computer by using the directions below. If you have any questions about how to sign-in in opposition, how to testify via ZOOM at the hearing, or how to submit written testimony to the committee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the House Labor Committee Hearing on Senate Bill 61 on 3/25/21 @ 10:00 AM, use the following information:
1. To join the webinar: https://www.zoom.us/j/98630616522
2. Or Telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): 1-929-205-6099
3. Webinar ID: 98630616522
The following email will be monitored throughout the meeting by someone who can assist with and alert the committee to any technical issues: email@example.com or call (603-271-3600). Executive session on pending legislation may be held throughout the day, time permitting, from the time the committee is initially convened.
Here is the information/instructions for those that wish to sign up and testify:
1. To sign in to speak, register your position on a bill and/or submit testimony, use this link: http://gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/remotetestimony/default.aspx
2. After clicking the link, select the date of the House hearing during which you wish to testify on the calendar (March 25th).
3. In the dropbox below “Select the Committee,” select House Labor, Industrial and Rehabilitative Services.”
4. In the dropbox below “Choose the Bill,” select “10:00 am – SB61.”
5. Select the appropriate option for the “I am” dropbox (likely “Member of the Public”)
6. Fill in the content box under “I’m Representing” with the business, organization, or group you are representing. If you are representing yourself only, write “myself.”
7. Under the “Indicate Your Position on this Bill,” check the circle stating “I oppose this Bill.”
8. If you wish to speak during the hearing to present your testimony, check the box next to “I Wish to Speak on this Bill.”
9. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the webpage.
10. Fill in your first name, last name, phone number, and email address, and click “Continue.”
11. Check the box next to “By clicking this checkbox, you agree that the information you have provided is truthful to the best of your knowledge.”
12. Click “Continue.”
13. To submit your written testimony to the Labor Committee, send it to: HouseLaborIndustrialandRehabilitativeServices@leg.state.nh.us.
You will see that on the bills Docket Page that there is also an executive session scheduled for the House Labor Committee to vote on Senate Bill 61 scheduled for March 30th at 9:00 AM.You may view this executive session by using the following link (I will send this out in email updates over the coming days as well): https://www.zoom.us/j/91970098494